Boca 20 TV Programs
Boca20 TV
Development Services Files & Downloads Ordinances and Resolutions Online

Services A-Z

Abandoned, Inoperable, or Wrecked Vehicles           (561) 338-1333
Motor vehicles abandoned on City right-of-way should be reported to the above number.  Parking  in the swale area is permitted for a period not to exceed 72 hours, but prohibited if no parking signs are posted.  After 72 hours, the vehicle will be classified as abandoned.  If the property owner or the vehicle owner fails to comply with the notice for removal, the City has the right to take possession of the vehicle and remove it from the property.  Either the property owner or the vehicle owner, or both, shall be responsible for the expenses incurred.  Wrecked or inoperable vehicles must be removed from a residence within 72 hours.  A vehicle without a license plate is classified as an inoperable vehicle.  A vehicle with a flat tire is not classified as an inoperable vehicle.

Absentee Voting           (561) 276-1226

Registered voters who, for a valid reason, are unable to go to the polls on election day may request an absentee ballot.  Ballots must be received by the Supervisor of Elections before 7:00 p.m. of election day.  An absentee ballot and further information, including residency requirements, may be obtained by calling or writing the Supervisor of Elections Office at 301 N. Olive Avenue, Room 105, West Palm Beach, FL 33401-4795, or in person at the Olive Avenue office or the South County Courthouse, 345 South Congress Avenue, Delray Beach (276-1226).

Accident Reports          (561) 338-1234
Copies of accident and offense reports of incidents that have occurred within the City limits may be obtained from the Police Services Department for a nominal charge.

Ad Valorem Taxes          (561) 276-1250
The City of Boca Raton taxes property owners based upon the assessed value of their property.  The Palm Beach County Property Appraiser sets the assessed value of the property and certifies the tax roll to the City.  The City then sets the millage rate at which the property owners are taxed.  Each mill generates $1 of tax revenue for every $1,000 of taxable property value (assessed value less exemptions).  Call the Property Appraiser's Office with questions about your assessed or taxable value.  See:  Tax Collector

Adult Education          (561) 434-8712

Community education programs at several City schools offer adult education classes on a variety of topics.  For further information contact the Palm Beach County School Board, 3312 Forest Hill Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL 33406. GED classes are held in cooperation with Boca Raton Community High School at the Count de Hoernle Train  Depot, weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. 

Advisory Boards & Committees          (561) 393-7743
Boca Raton citizens serve on the City's twenty-one advisory boards and committees. 

After School Programs          (561) 434-8000
The Recreation Services Department assists with the Before/After School Program in Boca Raton's elementary schools.  Call the Palm Beach County Board of Education at the above number, or the individual school, for additional information.


  • City Council & CRA          (561) 393-7741
  • Boards & Committee      (561) 393-7743
Agendas are prepared and/or distributed by the City Clerk's office.  Council and Community Redevelopment Agency agendas are available the Friday preceding a scheduled meeting and can be obtained in the main lobby of City Hall.  Board and committee agendas may be requested at the City Clerk's office.  See:  County Commission Meeting Agendas

Alarm Permits
It is unlawful, with the exception of a single-family residence, for any person to install or maintain a fire alarm in operational order without a fire alarm permit.  Permits must be renewed annually and issuance is subject to compliance with fire alarm code standards.

Alarm Violations
There is no charge to property owners for the first two false police or fire alarms in each fiscal year.  Property owners are then responsible for the costs incurred in responding to additional alarms.

  • Adoption/Redemption          (561) 482-8110 
    On July 23, 2001 the City of Boca Raton turned over the Operation of the Lullis M. Ritter Animal Shelter, located at 21287 Boca Rio Road, to the Tri County Humane Society. Tri County will continue to provide housing and care for stray and unwanted household pets. Animals are available for adoption and a pet cemetery is also maintained on the premises. For additional information please call 561-482-8110.

  • Animal Bites          (561) 233-1200
    The County's Animal Care & Control Division must be notified in instances of animal bites.  The Health Unit will require unvaccinated animals to be quarantined at the owner's expense for rabies observation.

  • Leash Law
    Any dog or cat running at large, i.e. off the premises of the owner and not constrained by leash, cord or similar device, shall be declared a public nuisance.  Owners of at-large animals will be responsible for payment of costs incurred for impounding and subject to fines.  Owners are responsible for removing defecation when walking their animals. 

  • On Public Beaches/Or In Parks
    It is unlawful to allow animals, by intent or neglect, to go on public beaches, whether or not constrained by a leash or similar device.

  • Ownership Limitations
    The total number of dogs and/or cats allowed at one residence are limited to a total of four (4) unless there is an escape proof fence installed.  If such fence is provided, the total number allowed is six (6).  If a dog or cat has puppies or kittens, the total number of animals may exceed the limitations above until the pups and/or kittens are six (6) months of age.

  • Spay & Neuter   (561) 233-SPAY
    The City encourages pet owners to do their part in controlling the pet population by having their animals spayed or neutered.  Palm Beach County sponsors a mobile clinic to provide sterilization at a reduced cost for those in economically disadvantaged neighborhoods.  Call for additional information.
The City of Boca Raton offers a wide range of team and individual activities to both young and old throughout the year.  Athletic facilities include:  lighted ball fields for baseball, softball, football and soccer; lighted basketball, volleyball and racquetball courts.  Additional information, including locations, can be found in The Recreator, a publication of the City of Boca Raton that is available at City Hall and at other City recreational sites.  See:  Beach, Bicycle/Pedestrian Paths, Golf Courses, Swimming Pool, Tennis

See:   License Plates/Registration, Driver's Licenses.
  • Conditions           (561) 393-7989
    Marine Safety personnel provide up-to-date information and advisories regarding swimming, surfing and watercraft conditions, as well as sea pest "alerts,"  via a recorded message.

  • Parking Permits           (561) 393-7806
    Annual parking stickers, which allow the bearer to park at the City's beachfront parks (Spanish River Park, South Beach Park and Red Reef Park), are available to residents at a charge of $45.00 per vehicle (tax included), per year. (October 1 through September 30). Proof of residency and car registration is required. Permits may be purchased at the Boca Raton Community Center, 150 N.W. Crawford Boulevard, or the J.A. Rutherford Community Center in Patch Reef Park. Stickers must be permanently affixed to the front inside windshield and are not transferable. Greater Boca Raton Tax District and Palm Beach County residents should call 393-7806 for information concerning purchase of stickers.

  • Patrol           (561) 393-7820
    Boca Raton can boast of one and one-half miles of lifeguard protected beach.  The four guarded sections of beach are South Beach Pavilion, South Beach Park, Red Reef Park and Spanish River Park.
Before School Program           1-800-434-8000
The Recreation Services Department assists with the Before/After School Program in Boca Raton's elementary schools.  Call the Palm Beach County Board of Education at the above number, or the individual school, for additional information.

Better Business Bureau          561-842-1918
Call the Better Business Bureau to obtain consumer information, or to file a complaint about or obtain a file on a company.  The BBB is not a government agency.  See:  Complaints - Consumer   

Bicycle Paths/Pedestrian Paths          (561) 416-3410
Citizens and City staff, with the cooperation of the State of Florida, are striving to make Boca Raton a "Bicycle and Pedestrian Friendly City" by establishing a coordinated system of bicycle and pedestrian paths.  Questions can be directed to the Bicycle/Pedestrian Coordinator.

Birth Certificates          (561) 514-5320
Copies of birth certificates and birth verification cards can be obtained from the Palm Beach County Health Unit in the Office of Vital Statistics.

Board of Education           (561) 930-8402

The School Board (Board of Education) of Palm Beach County is charged with overseeing the operation of all public elementary, middle and secondary schools in the County.  Board members are elected by Palm Beach County voters.  The School Board's administrative offices are located at 3300 Forest Hill Boulevard, West Palm Beach, 33406. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday except for designated holidays.

Boat Registration           (561) 930-7922
Florida law requires that all motorized vehicles, including boats, be titled and registered.  Call the County Tax Collector's Office for information.

Books-by-Mail           (561) 265-0299

The Palm Beach County Library System offers free mail service to readers who are homebound, disabled, or lack transportation.  City residents must purchase a County library card to take advantage of this service.  For more information, call Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Budget Information          (561) 393-7734
The fiscal year for the City begins on October 1 of each year and ends on September 30 of the following year as mandated by Florida Statutes.  Budget hearings are held in September prior to adoption, and the public is encouraged to give their comments.  The budget can be reviewed in its entirety in the City Clerk's Office or at the City Library.  Budget questions should be directed to the Budget office.

Building Inspection          (561) 393-7933  or  (561) 393-7920
The Building Inspection Division's Information System allows callers to use a touch-tone telephone to schedule inspections.  Call for additional information.

Building Permits          (561) 393-7930 
The Building Inspection Division of Development Services is responsible for issuing building permits.  Before having work performed on your property, call to inquire if a permit is needed.  All permitted work is inspected by City personnel to assure compliance with adopted building standards.

Business Tax Receipts
City of Boca Raton Business Tax Authority      (561) 393-7937
Palm Beach County Tax Collector                       (561) 355-2272

The City requires a business tax receipt for the privilege of engaging in or managing any business, profession or occupation within its jurisdiction, pursuant to the classifications and rates as provided in the City Code.  All businesses and professional offices in Boca Raton must also obtain an business tax receipt from Palm Beach County.

Bus Transportation
See:  Disabled Transportation, Palm Tran, Spec Tran

Cable Television Service

  • Comcast Cable          1-888-683-1000
    Complaints about service should be directed to the provider at the above telephone number.

Cemetery/Mausoleum           (561) 393-7748
The Recreation Services Department is responsible for the maintenance of the cemetery and facilities, which include the administration building, main chapel and 23 mausoleum buildings.  Boca Raton Mausoleum, Inc. sells plots and monuments on behalf of the City. 

Certificate of Use Inspection          (561) 393-7937
Certificate of Use inspections, which are required when a new business opens, are conducted by the Development Services and Fire-Rescue Services Departments.  A brochure that includes general requirements is available at the One-Stop Center on the first floor of City Hall.

Chamber of Commerce          (561) 395-4433
The Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce is located at 1800 N. Dixie Highway.  Internet users can visit the Chamber of Commerce's Home Page.

Channel 20          (561) 393-7991 or (561) 393-7701
Comcast Cable Channel 20 is the City of Boca Raton's government access channel.  A community bulletin board, live and replayed City Council and Community Redevelopment Agency meetings, Palm Beach County Commission and School Board meetings, and other informative programming are shown on this channel.

CHOICES Program          (561) 338-1286
CHOICES is a special program at Boca Raton Community Middle School administered by the Boca Raton Police Services Department.  The program is directed at selected students with delinquency problems and those determined to be at "high risk."  Call for more information.

Citizens' Crime Watch          (561) 338-1229

Citizens' Crime Watch, Inc. is a crime prevention organization which works in partnership with the Police Services Department.  Crime Watch is built on the concept of "neighbors watching out for neighbors."  If you would like to become a member or desire to learn more about the organization, call the Crime Watch Coordinator at the Police Services Department.

Citizens Police Academy            (561) 338-1346
The Citizens Police Academy is an 11 week course held three times during the year, that gives residents and business owners a fundamental look at law enforcement.  Topics covered include crime prevention, handgun safety, investigations,  patrol  procedures and the operation of the K-9 and marine units.  Classes are held on Thursday night from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.  Contact Police Services for upcoming enrollment dates and application procedures.

City Council           (561) 393-7708
The Boca Raton City Council consists of the Mayor and four Council Members who are elected on a non-partisan basis.   See Agenda - City Council; Elections - City, Minutes

Clerk of the Circuit Court            (561) 930-9727
The Clerk of the Circuit Court serves as the County Recorder, Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners, County Treasurer, County Auditor and Clerk of the County and Circuit Courts.

Code Enforcement            (561) 393-7934
Inquiries or complaints regarding code enforcement issues should be directed to the Code Enforcement Division of Development Services.  See: Complaints - Code Enforcement
Codes and Regulations

Community Policing           (561) 338-1286
Community Policing is a philosophy that emphasizes working proactively with citizens to solve crime related problems and prevent crime.  The Boca Raton Police strive to be a part of the community, not apart from it.  There are currently three Community Policing Projects in place:  The New Pines Neighborhood Program, the Pearl City Program and the Boca Island East Program.  Call for further information.

If you are unsure where to call when you wish to register a complaint call (561) 393-7700 and the operator will forward your call to the appropriate department.

  • Cable TV Complaints
    Complaints about cable reception, programming or fees should be directed to the cable provider.  See Cable Television Service for telephone numbers of area providers.
  • Code Enforcement             (561) 393-7934
    The inspectors respond to complaints of possible Code violations or initiate action on Code violations they observe.  Complaints are generally responded to within 24 hours, with dangerous situations given top priority.  Time for meeting compliance depends on the complexity of the violation.
  • Consumer            (561) 712-6600
    The Consumer Affairs Division of Palm Beach County handles consumer and business complaints concerning deceptive and unfair trade practices of businesses located in the County.  Complaints become public record.  See:  Better Business Bureau

Contractor Registration          (561) 393-7929
Registration of contractor certification is done by the Licensing Division of Development Services at the One-Stop Center.  Applicants must furnish proof of the following at registration:

  • Certificate of Competency from the State of Florida or Palm Beach County (call (561) 233-5525 for information).
  • State Registration as defined in Florida Statute 489-117 (call (904) 359-6310 for information).
  • Business Tax Receipts from the City where the business is permanently located, and the County - (561) 355-2272
  • Original Copy of a certificate of insurance with minimum coverage as outlined in City Code.
County Commission
  • District #4 Commissioner         (561) 930-2204
  • District #5 Commissioner         (561) 930-2205
The Palm Beach County Board of Commissioners is the legislative governing body for the County.  The seven members are elected by district for four-year terms.  Meetings of the County Commission are held on the sixth floor of the Government Center, 301 N. Olive Avenue, West Palm Beach. Regular meetings are usually held on the first and third Tuesday, and a workshop is held the fourth Tuesday of each month.  The public is permitted to speak on relevant issues at the first meeting of the month.  The meeting schedule should be verified in advance.  Meetings of the County Commission can be viewed on the City's government access channel (Comcast Channel 20), when  the time is not in conflict with a City Council meeting.

Commission Meeting Agendas           (561) 355-3229

Copies of the Agenda for County Commission meetings are available prior to each meeting at the Governmental Center information desk and are available for viewing at all County Library locations.  Agendas will be mailed to those who provide self-addressed stamped envelopes.  

County Courthouses   
  • Central - West Palm Beach          (561) 355-2040
  • S. County - Delray Beach            (561) 274-1400
    The Central Courthouse, located at 205 N. Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach  33401, contains the offices of most of the County's Circuit and County Court Judges.  A satellite courthouse is located at 200 W. Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach for the convenience of South County residents. 
County Governmental Center           (561) 355-3623
Most County administrative offices, including the County Commissioners' offices, County Administration and the Commission Chamber are located at 301 N. Olive Avenue, West Palm Beach, 33401.

  • Circuit Court          (561) 355-2431
  • County Court          (561) 355-2431
    Circuit Court Judges hear cases involving felonies, civil matters over $10,000, probate and juvenile matters and various appeals.  Misdemeanor cases, traffic cases and civil matters under $10,000in value are heard by County Court Judges.
CPR Classes  - 561-955-4468
Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), AED and First Aid courses are offered through the Smart Heart Program, a community health partnership between Boca Raton Fire Rescue and Boca Raton Community Hospital. Courses are held at Fire Rescue Headquarters, 6500 Congress Ave., Boca Raton, FL 33487 and at Boca Raton Community Hospital, 800 Meadows Road, Boca Raton, FL 33486. Please call the CPR Line at 561-955-4468 to enroll or obtain course information including scheduling and fees.

Crisis Information          (561) 547-1000

Crisis Information is provided by the Center for Information and Crisis Services (formerly Crisis Line).

Death Certificates               (561) 837-5847
Copies of death certificates are issued by the Palm Beach County Health Unit's Office of Vital Statistics.

Declaration of Domicile               (561) 930-2962
Persons wishing to be registered in County records as a permanent Florida resident should file a Declaration of Domicile in the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court, Recording Department. 

  • Recording              (561) 930-2991
  • Indexing                 (561) 930-2932
Property deeds are filed and maintained by the Palm Beach County Clerk of the Circuit Court.

Disabled Services
See:  Books-by-Mail, Disabled Transportation, Palm Tran, Parking (Handicapped Permits), Talking Books

Disabled Transportation
  • Palm Tran             (561) 930-4BUS
  • Spec Tran             (561) 930-TRIP

    Reduced fares are offered on Palm Tran buses, and Spec Tran van service is available as a door-to-door service for those with special needs who are unable to use the standard Palm Tran system and qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act.  All County buses will eventually be equipped with special ramps for easy access by disabled persons.  Wheelchair seating is also available.  Users with special needs should call for schedules of buses that are specially equipped.  Bus ID cards are issued at various locations throughout the County.
  • Tri-Rail            1-800-TRI-RAIL
    Tri-Rail offers paratransit service for the disabled with 24-hour advance notice for Tuesday through Friday, 48-hour notice for Saturday and 72-hour notice for Sunday and Monday.  Shuttle service in Palm Beach County is provided by Palm Tran.
Driver's Licenses             (561) 681-6333
State of Florida driver's licenses may be obtained at the Florida Driver's Examining Station, 14570 S. Military Trail, Suite C3 in the Delray Square II Shopping Center.  Offices are open Tuesday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.  In order to obtain a Florida drivers license you must be at least 15 years of age (restricted permit).  There are also additional restrictions placed on all drivers under 18 years of age.  Parental consent and proof of age is required.  A Florida driver's license is required within 30 days of moving into the state.  Notice of address change is required within 10 days of moving.  Call for information and appointments. 

Driving School                (561) 689-4733
Most persons who are cited for traffic violations are given the option of attending driving school to avoid points on their driving record.  Call for information and registration.

Elected Representatives
  • City         (561) 393-7706
  • County, State, and Federal
An up-to-date listing of your national, state and county representatives is available in The Voters Digest, a publication of the League of Women Voters.  This pamphlet may be requested at City Hall or by calling the League at (561) 276-4898.  The front section of your telephone directory also contains a listing of state and federal elected officials.  Information as to which congressional or legislative district you reside in is recorded on your voter registration card.

  • City           (561) 393-7742
    The City Clerk's Office coordinates every City election through the office of the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections. 
  • County/State/Federal          (561) 276-1226
    The Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections runs all governmental elections that are held in the County. 
Electrical Service (FPL)            (561) 994-8227
Electrical service in Boca Raton is furnished by Florida Power and Light Company (FPL). Call customer service for connects, disconnects, billing and emergency service.

Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Transport              9-1-1
The Fire-Rescue Services Department has provided quality emergency medical services to the City for over 35 years. In January 1995 Fire-Rescue Services were enhanced when the department took over emergency transport of patients to the hospital from a private provider.  Your insurance company will be billed for patient transport provided by Fire-Rescue Services Department personnel.

Emergency Preparedness  Information    (561) 367-6718
        (See:  Hurricane Preparedness)

Environmental                (561) 393-7960

The City has two environmental officers on staff to assure compliance with City environmental regulations.  They review all environmental permits.  Call before you cut down a tree or clear a lot, because a permit may be required.  Environmentalists also oversee the parcels that have been designated as environmentally sensitive land. 

Eviction Notice             (561) 355-2500
The procedure for evicting a tenant is outlined in the Florida Statutes,  Chapter 83.  An eviction notice must be filed with the Clerk of the Circuit Court's County Court Civil Division and a filing fee paid.

Facility Rental
  • Community Center                                                   (561) 393-7995
  • James A. Rutherford Community Center           (561) 367-7035
  • Count de Hoernle Train Depot                               (561) 393-7995
The City has rooms available to rent for meetings  or events at the above locations.  It is necessary to call in advance to reserve rooms.  See Picnic Shelters for information about reserving shelters.

Fingerprinting            (561) 338-1305
Fingerprinting services are provided at the Police Services Department from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Tuesday through Friday, and additionally from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Thursday.  Fingerprinting services will also be provided at Town Center Mall Mon-Fri 9:00-2:30; Credit Cards only (Nordstroms parking garage 2nd level)
Fire and Life Safety Education Programs               (561) 982-4012
Fire-Rescue Services provides many different education and training classes for City residents concerned about fire and life safety in their homes, workplaces and schools.  These include fire safety and prevention, evacuation drills, fire extinguisher training and injury prevention.  Call Fire-Rescue administration for additional information.

Fire Incident and Medical Reports                  (561) 982-4039
Fire Incident Reports may be requested from Fire-Rescue Administration at 6500 Congress Avenue, Suite 200, weekdays between 7:30a.m. to 4:30p.m. More info >>

Fire Safety Inspections               (561) 982-4030

The Fire and Life Safety Division of Fire-Rescue Services conducts fire safety inspections of businesses prior to issuance of the "certificate of use."  Home fire safety inspections of private residences are available for citizens who request them.  Also see Security Inspections.
Fishing Licenses               (561) 355-2329
Contact the Palm Beach County Tax Collector's office to determine if the type of fishing you are planning to engage in requires a license. Licenses are needed in most instances, but there are exceptions.  Licenses are sold at the Tax Collector's office and at most tackle shops, which may add a surcharge.

Flood Zone Rating              (561) 393-7792
Mortgage lenders and insurance providers may require your flood zone rating.  To find out what flood zone you are in, call this number.  More information is available at the One-Stop Center in City Hall. 

Franchise Fees
The City collects four types of franchise fees:  electric, telephone, natural gas and cable television.  This fee appears as a line item on your utility bills. The City also collects Franchise Fees for Commercial Solid Waste and Construction and Demolition debris removal.

Gang Prevention
See:  G.R.E.A.T.

Garage Sales
A permit is not required to hold a garage or yard sale.  However, it is illegal to place signs in medians and right-of-ways or to tack signs on utility poles or trees to advertise the sale.  One sign is permitted on the property where the sale is occurring. 

Garbage Collection            (561) 416-3367
Collection of residential solid waste is performed by City personnel.  Pick-up schedules, routes and other detailed information on waste disposal can be found on the Sanitation website.  Schedules may also be obtained in the main lobby of City Hall or by calling the Sanitation Division.  The pickup schedule is altered for holidays.  Please consult the website or call to confirm pickup times.  (See also:  Hazardous Waste Disposal, Recycling)

Golf Courses                 (561) 483-5235
The City of Boca Raton operates three golf courses:  the Red Reef Executive Golf Course located at 1111 N. State Road A1A, and the 27-hole Municipal Golf Course (a regulation course and an executive course are on this site) located outside of the City limits at 8111 Golf Course Road.  Annual permits are issued on a limited basis for play at both facilities.  Consult The Recreator for information on time of operation, tournaments and clinics or call the above number.

Government Access Channel
See:  Channel 20

Graffiti Eradication (Hotline)            (561) 393-7887

The City's zero tolerance graffiti policy keeps graffiti defacement to a minimum.  The City has a commitment to cover all graffiti within 24 hours.  Call the hotline to report graffiti.  If you witness graffiti activity in progress call the Police Services Department at 338-1333.

G.R.E.A.T.              (561) 338-1286
Gang Resistance Education And Training is provided by Police Services Department personnel to students in both the sixth and seventh grades.  Call for additional information.

Gumbo Limbo Environmental Complex            (561) 544-8605
Gumbo Limbo is an environmental educational facility located at 1801 N. Ocean Boulevard in Red Reef Park.  The Complex was developed and is maintained through the joint efforts of the Greater Boca Raton Beach Tax District, the Palm Beach County School Board, Florida Atlantic University and the City of Boca Raton.  The Complex is open to the public and admission is free.  See The Recreator, a publication of the City, for additional information or call the Complex.

Hazardous Waste Disposal             (561) 687-1100
Hazardous waste is not collected by the City's sanitation staff.  Acids, antifreeze, gasoline, oil-based paint, oil filters, pesticides and pool chemicals are only a few of the items considered to be hazardous waste.  In order to obtain a complete listing of hazardous wastes, call the customer service number to connect to the hazardous waste hotline. Hazardous waste should not be poured down the drain or on the lawn or placed in household garbage. (Oil filters may be placed in the trash after they have been drained for 24 hours or longer.)
The closest transfer station for disposal of these items is located in Delray Beach at 1901 S.W. Fourth Avenue.  Call to confirm what materials are acceptable and to be assigned a time for drop-off.

Health Department                 (561) 274-3100 (Delray Beach)
The Palm Beach County Health Unit administers a range of programs focusing on public health and preserving the quality of life for County residents and visitors.

Hedges               (561) 393-7934
Objections to hedges that separate single-family residences and are over six-feet high must be made in writing to Code Enforcement.  Complainants should include their name, address and telephone number, the address of the owner of the hedge and a statement of their objection to the hedge.  Code Enforcement will notify the property owner that they must maintain the hedge at a height not to exceed six feet.  Width of hedges between properties are not regulated and must be resolved by the property owners.  It is the responsibility of the property owner to keep hedges trimmed back from sidewalks and streets.

Home Improvements               (561) 393-7931
Improvements and repairs to a single-family residence whose cost totals less than $1,000 do not require a building permit, except for direct electrical wiring, water supply plumbing and hot-water heater work, which always require permits, regardless of cost.  New fences or walls require a permit; repairs costing less than $1,000 do not.  Call before starting any work on your home. 

Home Occupations                 (561) 393-7937
It is a violation of City Code for any person to conduct a home occupation without obtaining a Business Tax Receipt / Certificate of Use.  Home occupations must comply with specific operational standards as set forth in the City Code.   

Homeowners Associations                
The City does not compile a list of homeowners' associations.

Homestead Exemption               (561) 276-1250
Anyone who has legal title to real property in the State of Florida and that property is their permanent place of residence, is eligible for the $25,000 homestead exemption.  Current law requires permanent residence prior to January 1 of the qualifying year.  Applications must be made in person in the County Property Appraiser's Office between January 1 and March 1 of the year after qualification.  (Applications are accepted at City Hall by County representatives during a one-week period in January each year.  Call in December for times.)  Call the County Property Appraiser for information on documents that are required at time of filing.  Your application will be renewed automatically each January 1 unless you change your permanent place of residence.

Homework Hotline           1-800-548-0245
The Palm Beach County School District's Homework Hotline offers help to students of all grades from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Monday through Thursday during the school year.

Housing Programs              (561) 393-7797
The Community Improvement Division of the Development Services Department administers and manages state and federal funded housing and neighborhood improvement programs, providing assistance to low and moderate income families. 

Hunting Licenses                 (561) 930-7922
Hunting licenses are issued by the Palm Beach County Tax Collector whose office is located at 301 N. Olive Avenue in West Palm Beach.

Hurricane Preparedness             (561) 982-4900
   > Pre-recorded Information              (561) 393-7800

The Fire-Rescue Services Department publishes a Hurricane Planning Guide to aid citizens in being as prepared as possible in the event of a hurricane.  The Guide is included in the Summer issue of the City Newsletter and is available at City Hall, the Community Center, the Library and the James A. Rutherford Community Center.  Personnel are also available during the year to speak to homeowner associations and civic groups about hurricane preparation.  Call  (561) 367-6718 to arrange for a speaker.  If a hurricane threatens, the City will run continuous information on the City's government access channel (Cable Channel 20).  Additional information can also be obtained through the Palm Beach County Public Safety Department Emergency Management Division at  (561) 233-3500

*At the time of an imminent hurricane or other emergency, the City may activate the  (561) 393-7800 line with staff to respond to citizen inquiries.

Information                 (561) 393-7700
Call the City Hall switchboard for general information or to have your call routed to the appropriate department.

See:  Building Inspections, Safety and Security Inspections

I.R.I.S.                 (561) 338-7333

The installation of the In-City Reclamation Irrigation System is a project with the goal of irrigating properties with reclaimed water.  At its completion, it is estimated that this project will result in a savings of nine million gallons of fresh water per day.  Call for additional information.
Jobline            (561) 393-7981
The City of Boca Raton jobline is updated weekly and provides information about current jobs available with the City.  Applications are kept on file for six months but are accepted only at the time of a specific job opening.
No data available...

Lawn Sprinklers -  (561) 338-7310
Lawn sprinklers must be positioned so water does not go on sidewalks and streets.  See:  Water Conservation/Restrictions

League of Women Voters -  (561) 276-4898
The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan organization established to promote political responsibility through informed and active participation of citizens in government.  Membership is open to all citizens who are at least 18 years of age.  The League publishes The Voters Digest which contains general voting information and a directory of elected representatives.  The Digest is available in the City Clerk's office at City Hall or from the League. 

Libraries Services

  • The Boca Raton Public Library -  (561) 393-7852
    • Downtown Library: 200 N.W. Boca Raton Blvd.
      Monday and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.,
      Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.,
      Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.,
      Sunday from noon to 6:00 p.m.
    • Spanish River Library & Community Center: 1501 N.W. Spanish River Blvd.
      Hours of Operation are:
      Monday and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.,
      Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.,
      Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.,
      Sunday from noon to 6:00 p.m.

  • University
    • FAU Library, 500 N.W. 20th Street - (561) 367-3760
    • Lynn University Library, 3601 N. Military Trail - (561) 994-0770
      The public is welcome to use materials on the premises.  Lending is restricted to students and faculty.  Call for hours of operation.

  • Palm Beach County Library: West Boca Branch, 18685 State Road 7, Boca Raton : (561) 482-4554
License Plates/Registration            (561) 355-2622
Under State law, if you own a motor vehicle, you must renew your tag (vehicle registration) each year by midnight on your birthday.  The Tax Collector's Office is responsible for processing applications for titles and issuing registrations for motor vehicles and boats. Locations: South Palm Beach County Courthouse Annex, 501 S. Congress Avenue, Delray Beach - from 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. Effective 01/01/09 Tax Collector Mobile Office ceased operations.

See: Business Tax Receipts

See:  Beach - Patrol
Mae Volen Senior Center                 (561) 395-8920
1515 W. Palmetto Park Road
The Mae Volen Senior Center is a non-profit organization that provides various services for senior citizens.  Weekday activities range from health screenings and lectures to recreational activities.  Hot lunches are furnished.  In addition numerous homebound services are offered such as transportation to medical appointments and the supermarket.  The center also operates a day-care program for Alzheimer's patients and less active seniors.

Maps           (561) 393-7792
Zoning maps of the City are available in the Development Services Department on the second floor of City Hall.
Marine Safety Beach Patrol           (561) 393-7820
See:  Beach - Conditions, Beach - Patrol

Marriage Licenses                (561) 930-2230
Marriage Records                (561) 930-2932

Marriage licenses are issued by the Palm Beach County Clerk of the Circuit Court.  Marriage Records are kept by the County Clerk's Indexing Department.

Minutes             (561) 393-7740
Minutes of all City Council and Community Redevelopment Agency meetings, as well as all advisory board or committee meetings, are recorded and kept by the City Clerk's office.  Verbatim transcripts are not furnished.  Audio and video tapes are available for purchase or video tapes can be checked out at the City Library. 

Mosquito Control             (561) 967-6480
Mosquito Control Division of Environmental Resources Management, a Palm Beach County agency, is responsible for controlling the mosquito population in Palm Beach County using larvicides and adulticides sprayed from aircraft and trucks. 

Motor Vehicle Registration             (561) 930-7922

See:  License Plates/Registration


  • Dog Barking Complaints              (561) 393-7934
    The Code Enforcement Division has established a procedure to handle complaints about dogs barking unnecessarily.

  • General Noise Problems                 (561) 368-6201 
    Loud music, parties and other "disturbances of the peace" should be reported to the Police Services non-emergency number.  Excessively loud noise, such as those emitted from motors, may require a decibel level meter reading to determine if the noise level exceeds that allowed by City Code.
Occupational Licenses (now known as "Business Tax Receipts")
City of Boca Raton Business Tax Authority                   (561) 393-7937
Palm Beach County Tax Collector                                   (561) 355-2272

The City requires a Business Tax Receipt for the privilege of engaging in or managing any business, profession or occupation within its jurisdiction, pursuant to the classifications and rates as provided in the City Code.  All businesses and professional offices in Boca Raton must also obtain a Business Tax Receipt from Palm Beach County.

One-Stop Center
The One-Stop Center, located on the first floor of City Hall, offers the following services:  business tax receipt / certificate of use, building permits and inspections, land and building information, zoning information, flood zone rating information and code enforcement.  See categories for additional information

Ordinances and Resolutions             (561) 393-7740

Call the City Clerk's office to request copies of ordinances and resolutions approved by the City Council or Community Redevelopment Agency. Codes and regulations.

PAL - (561) 750-5477, free athletic program for youth between the age of 10-18.

Palm Tran            (561) 930-4BUS
Administrative Offices            (561) 233-1166

Palm Tran, the County's public bus transportation service,  provides service seven days per week.  Palm Tran provides feeder bus service in Palm Beach County for Tri-Rail  Monthly passes are available.  Call for schedules and additional information.  See:  Disabled Transportation, Spec Tran.

Park Rangers                 (561) 393-7810
The Park Rangers play a vital role in community safety and can be seen regularly patrolling the beachfront parks.  The Rangers are trained in first aid, CPR, crime prevention and other safety related areas.  Ranger Headquarters are located at 3939 N. Ocean Boulevard in Spanish River Park.


  • Boats & Recreational Vehicles
    Boats, boat trailers and recreational vehicles may be kept at residences provided they are kept in a side or rear yard and screened from off-premises view by means of a hedge or fence.  Boats and recreational vehicles are permitted to be parked at a residence for a 24-hour period once every seven (7) days for the purposes of cleaning, packing and maintenance. 
  • Commercial Vehicles
    Commercial vehicles are only permitted at residences if they are kept in a garage or a carport that is screened on three sides.  No part of the vehicle that indicates that it is used for commercial purposes is allowed to be seen from the street.  Small pickup trucks (under 1 ton), without commercial lettering and without any conversion to indicate a commercial use, and passenger vans are not classified as commercial vehicles.  Trucks over one ton are classified as commercial vehicles.
  • Handicapped Permits             (561) 355-2622
    Handicapped parking permits are issued by the Palm Beach County Tax Collector's Office.  Anyone with a certified letter of disability from their physician can apply.
  • Swales
    Parking a vehicle in the swale area is permitted provided the vehicle is not left there for more than 72 hours and if  there are no "no parking" signs posted.  After 72 hours the vehicle will be classified as "abandoned."  Homeowners Associations are free to adopt more stringent regulations and can prohibit all parking on swales.
  • Tickets              (561) 338-1237
    Parking tickets issued in the City of Boca Raton, by the City of Boca Raton, can be paid at the cashier's desk located on the first floor of City Hall between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:45 P.M.  For other inquiries about parking tickets, call the number above between 9:00 A.M. and 1:00 P.M.  See: Traffic Fines for information about moving violations.
  • Violations                (561) 338-1234                       
    Blocking sidewalks with parked vehicles and parking vehicles on paved streets, unless signs are specifically posted allowing such parking, are traffic violations.  If space permits, vehicles engaged in lawn maintenance are permitted to park on paved streets while work is being performed.
For a complete listing of City Parks along with location and amenities offered at each, see The Recreator, a publication of the City that is available at City Hall and other City sites.

Passports                  (561) 930-1586  or  (561) 274-1588
Passports can be applied for at the New South County Courthouse at 200 W. Atlantic Avenue.  Call for information.

See:  Building Permits, Political Signs, Sign Criteria, Special Event Permits

Picnic Shelters
  • Spanish River Park                           (561) 393-7815
  • James A. Rutherford Park              (561) 393-7815
  • Patch Reef Park                                (561) 997-0791
The Picnic Shelters that are located in the City's parks are available on a first come, first serve basis.  Call to make a reservation.  Fees vary based on location, size and resident status. 

Police Services
Emergency                        9-1-1
Non-Emergency             (561) 368-6201
See:  CHOICES Program, Citizens' Crime Watch, Citizens' Police Academy, Community Policing, D.A.R.E.,  Fingerprinting, G.R.E.A.T., Parking Tickets, Records-Police, Security Inspections

Political Signs

A temporary sign permit must be obtained at the One-Stop Center before the placing of political signs.  A sign posted on City-owned property will be removed by City staff after the candidate is notified and given sufficient opportunity to remove the sign.  Political signs are not permitted to be posted on State or County road right-of ways, including utility poles.

Post Offices
  • 1275 W. Palmetto Park Road        (561) 368-3920
  • 170 N.E. Second Street                   (561) 395-4733
  • 2800 N. Military Trail (Main)           (561) 994-2700
  • 604 Banyan Trail (Bulk Mail)          (561) 997-1619
  • Zip Code Information                      (561) 994-2700
Property Appraiser              (561) 276-1250
The Palm Beach County Property Appraiser determines the value of all real estate and other property for the purpose of taxation.  The tax roll developed by the Property Appraiser's Office is used by all municipalities and taxing districts in the County.  See:  Homestead Exemption, Tax Collector

Property Taxes
See:  Ad Valorem Taxes, Property Appraiser, Tax Collector

Public Transportation
See:  Disabled Transportation, Palm Tran, Spec Tran, Tri-Rail
No data available...

Recreation & Parks

  • General Information               (561) 393-7806
    Location of  recreation sites and classes offered by or at City facilities is contained in The Recreator, a publication of the Recreation Services Department.  The Recreator is distributed three times annually via The News and is also available in the lobby of City Hall and at other City sites. See:  Athletics, Beach, Bicycle/Pedestrian Paths, Golf Courses, Tennis, Swimming Pool
  • Special Events                (561) 393-7827
    Call Recreation Services for information about the special events sponsored by the City of Boca Raton.  Concerts, dances and holiday celebrations are some of the fun events that may be enjoyed free of charge.
  • City
    The City Clerk's Department is responsible for all of the permanent records of the City.  Copies of building plans may be purchased from the Clerk's Department at the cost of reproduction.
  • Police
    The Police Services Records Section is open 7:00 - 7:00 Mon-Fri.  Requests for reports can be made between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.  Requests can either be made in person, by mail or by phone or fax.  This service is provided at a nominal charge.
  • Property 
    • City               (561) 393-7773
    • County         561) 276-1250

    Building permit records and other data on real property located in the City is available from the One-Stop Center.  Updated property ownership information is available from the County Property Appraiser.

Recycling              (561) 416-3367
Starting October 1st, 2013, the City of Boca Raton's Sanitation Department will be delivering recycling bins directly to your home. You must live within the city limits of Boca Raton in order to receive delivery service from the City. Please call 416-3367 in order to schedule delivery of your yellow and blue recycling bins. Single-family residences receive 18-gallon bins for curbside collection and multi-family units receive 95-gallon bins for central collection.  Newspapers, brown paper grocery bags, corrugated cardboard, magazines, catalogs and telephone books are collected from the yellow bins, and the blue bins are for the collection of aluminum cans, plastics numbered 1 through 7 (no plastic bags), milk and juice cartons, and clear, brown and green bottles and jars.  Please call if you are not receiving this service.

Safety and Security Inspections
Safety and security inspections of private residences or businesses are conducted by personnel from Police Services and Fire-Rescue Services. 
See:  Fire Safety Inspections
See:  Hazardous Waste Disposal, Recycling, Solid Waste Collection

School Board
See:  Board of Education


  • Colleges & Universities - F.A.U. - Lynn University - Palm Beach Community College
    For a listing of colleges and universities in Boca Raton and the surrounding area, consult the yellow pages under Schools-Academic-Colleges & Universities.
  • Private
    There are many private schools in Boca Raton and the surrounding areas.  Individual listings are found in the yellow pages of the telephone directory under "Schools."
  • Public -  Palm Beach County Schools
    New residents should contact the Palm Beach County Board of Education to determine which school boundary they live within.  Individual school listings are found in the white pages of the telephone directory under "Schools."  For questions about school boundaries, call (561) 434-8100.
Security Inspections            (561) 338-1376
Upon request, Police Services personnel can provide tips on improved securing of your home and making it a less attractive target to criminals.  Call to arrange an inspection.
Senior Services               (561) 395-8920
Senior Services is an information and referral service for seniors age 60 or over.   See:  Mae Volen Senior Center

Sidewalk Repair              (561) 416-3360
Sidewalks needing repair should be reported to the Streets Division of the Municipal Services Department.

Sign Criteria             (561) 393-7792 or (561) 393-7793
All signs are regulated by "The Boca Raton Sign Ordinance" (Chapter 24 of the City Code).  No sign or sign structure shall be erected, altered, displayed, changed, except exempt signs, until after a permit has been issued by the chief code administrator and a fee paid to the City.  A guideline to acceptable sign design is included in the Supplemental Criteria and Procedural Rules of the Community Appearance Board which is available in the City Clerk's office.  All signs, except for those in the downtown, are reviewed by the Community Appearance Board.

The Community Redevelopment Agency grants approval for signs in the downtown.  Single-family residential identification signs and real estate signs do not require a permit.  Call for more information.

Sign Permits
Sign permits can be applied for at the One-Stop Center on the first floor of City Hall.  See:  Sign Criteria, Political Signs 

Smart Heart Program             (561) 367-6717 or (561) 393-4021
"Smart Heart" is a community health care partnership created between the City and Boca Raton Community Hospital.  The program offers free blood cholesterol testing, blood pressure screenings  and Project Kid Keeper, a safety workshop to reduce the incidences of pediatric trauma.  Call for times and locations.

Social Security             1-800-772-1213

The Social Security Administration office is located at One Park Place, Suite 400, 621 NW 53 Street, Boca Raton FL 33487.  Hours are : Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Friday: 9am – 3pm , Wed: 9am – noon

Soliciting or Peddling            (561) 393-7937
It is unlawful for any person to engage in the business of solicitor or peddler within the corporate limits of the City without first obtaining an approved application.  It is also unlawful for any person for the purpose of soliciting, canvassing or peddling, to go on the private residence of any person in the City that displays a sign near the place of entrance reading "No Soliciting" or words of similar meaning.

Solid Waste Collection             (561) 416-3367
Collection of residential solid waste is performed by City personnel.  Pick-up schedules, routes and other detailed information on waste disposal can be found on the Sanitation website.  Schedules may also be obtained in the main lobby of City Hall or by calling the Sanitation Division.  The pickup schedule is altered for holidays.  Please consult the website or call to confirm pickup times.  See:  Hazardous Waste, Recycling

South Florida Water
Management District               (561) 686-8800
The largest of Florida's five water management districts, SFWMD manages water resources in a 16 county area that includes Palm Beach County.  Water quality and supply, flood protection and environmental programs fall under the District's jurisdiction.

Special Event Permits             (561) 393-7934  or (561) 367-7005
Special Event Permits are required for activities such as races, walk-a-thons, charitable sales or solicitations, art shows and festivals, erection of tents, block parties, road closings and any other situations which are outside the normal scope of permitted activities for a location, or which may have some impact on the community-at-large.  Permits are also required for private activities at City facilities, such as races, concerts, weddings, private parties, and other similar gatherings not sponsored by the City.  Call the Recreation Services Department at (561) 367-7005 for events held in Parks or other City facilities.  For all other special events or general information, call the Code Enforcement Division at (561) 393-7934.

Special Events               (561) 393-7806
The City of Boca Raton's Recreation Services Department sponsors a variety of special events during the year including a wide range of musical concerts, the Fourth of July celebration and the annual tree lighting.  A schedule of upcoming events is included in the City's quarterly newsletter or call for information.

Spec Tran            (561) 930-TRIP
Spec Tran is a special door-to-door van transportation service for disabled persons under age 60 and eligible senior citizens who cannot be served by the County Senior Services Division.  Users must meet the qualifications as established by the Americans with Disabilities Act.  Spec Tran requires advance registration and arrangements.  Applicants must have a doctor's note stating that it is impossible for them to use the standard Palm Tran system. Call for information.

Street Lights           (561) 994-8227
Residential street light outages should be reported to Florida Power and Light (FPL) Customer Service.  After reporting the outage, the caller should request a job ticket number for follow-up purposes.

Street Repairs                (561) 416-3360
Streets in need of repair may be reported to the Streets Division of  the Municipal Services Department.

Street Signs & Striping           (561) 416-3372
The Signs & Marking Section of the Traffic Division of the Municipal Services Department is responsible for the street name signs, traffic control signs and pavement markings on City and County roadways throughout the City.  Requests for new signs, reporting damaged or missing signage should be made to this phone number.

Summer Camp Registration            (561) 393-7806
During the summer months, the Recreation Services Department offers regular and specialty camps.  Camps begin in mid-June.  Registration, which begins in April, is on a first come, first serve basis with City and Beach Tax District residents given first priority.  Call early for registration times and fees.  Registration forms are available in the Recreation Services Department beginning in March.

Sunshine Law
The State of Florida legislation which requires that all meetings of legislative bodies be open to the public and that all documents shall be made available for inspection by the public is known as the Sunshine Law. There are exemptions in the law for meetings to discuss employee negotiations and property acquisition.  The State publishes a pamphlet that explains this law.  Copies can be obtained in the City Clerk's Office.

Swales are the areas between the pavement and the delineated right-of-way line.  Property owners are required to maintain the swale area in front of their property by keeping the area mowed and free of obstructions.  See:  Parking - Swales

Swimming Pool                 (561) 393-7851
Meadows Park Municipal Pool is located at 1300 N.W.  8th Street.  This beautiful outdoor  facility, which measures 25 yards by 25 meters, is operated year round, seven days per week.  The pool is heated during the winter months.  Staff offers a wide variety of instructional and recreational programs for residents of all ages.  Proof of City residency is required at the time of class registration.  Annual and semi-annual permits may be purchased for recreational swimming.  Additional information can be found in The Recreator.  Call for times of operation.

Talking Books

  • City of Boca Raton Library              (561) 393-7852
  • Palm Beach County                          (561) 265-0299
    Talking Book Library
    7950 Central Industrial Drive Suite 104
    Riviera Beach, FL 33404
    Talking book service is also available at the County Talking Book Library, free of charge for those with visual or physical disabilities.  If residents cannot visit the library, materials can be mailed and then returned to the library at no charge through a special federal program.  A smaller collection of talking books is available at the City Library.
Tangible Personal Property Tax                (561) 930-7924
Tangible personal property taxes are levied on equipment, rental property, immovable furnishings or equipment and mobile home attachments (concrete porches, attachments, etc.)  Taxes collected by the Tax Collector are due between November 1 and April 1.  Tangible Personal Property is assessed to the last known owner.  Ownership is established from a tax return.

Tax Collector             (561) 355-2622

The Palm Beach County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting ad valorem taxes (real estate and tangible personal property) and non-ad valorem assessments (such as drainage and solid waste).  These taxes are due on November 1 of each year and are delinquent after April 1 of the following year.  The Tax Collector's Office is also responsible for processing applications for titles; issuing registrations for motor vehicles and boats; issuing hunting, fishing and business tax receipts; and collecting tourist development taxes.


There are no income taxes levied by the City of Boca Raton or by the State of Florida.  The state sales tax is six percent (6%). Palm Beach County has an additional ½ % discretionary sales surtax. See:  Ad Valorem Taxes, Property Appraiser, Tangible Personal Property Tax, Tax Collector   
Teen Center                (561) 368-4099
The Mainstream Teen Center is located at 150 N.W. Crawford Boulevard (behind City Hall).  The Teen Center is committed to providing an exciting alcohol and drug-free environment for Boca Raton youth, ages 12-18.  The Center is equipped with the latest video game equipment, ping-pong tables, pool tables and  a "Reader's Corner" where books, magazines and college information is available.

Telephone Service                (561) 780-2355
Local telephone service in Boca Raton is provided by Bell South.  Call the above number to start, stop or change service.

  • Memorial Park           (561) 393-7978
  • Patch Reef                  (561) 997-0881
    The Recreation Services Department operates seven public tennis facilities in various locations throughout the City.  The Memorial Park Tennis Complex and the Patch Reef Tennis Center offer tennis clinics and private lessons.  Tournaments are also held at these sites. 
Group tours of the following City facilities are available on a pre-arranged basis.
  • City Hall                                     (561) 393-7742
  • Fire-Rescue Services           (561) 982-4012
  • Library
    • Adult Tours                (561) 393-7905
    • Youth Tours               (561) 393-7968
  • Police Services                      (561) 338-1269
  • Utility Services                       (561) 338-7305
Traffic Calming              (561) 416-3374
This program, offered through the Municipal Services Department, provides the community an opportunity to petition for physical changes to their street that would alter driver behavior and improve conditions for all roadway users.

Traffic Fines             (561) 274-1568
Payment of fines for moving violations are accepted at the Clerk of the Circuit Court's County Criminal Division.  See:  Parking - Tickets for information about parking violations.

Traffic Questions              (561) 416-3372
Call to obtain answers to questions related to signals, signs, roadway markings and requests for new or additional street lights.

Traffic Signals                (561) 416-3372

In the event of a malfunctioning traffic signal or decorative street light, please call this number.

See:  Disabled Transportation, Palm Tran, Spec Tran, Tri-Rail

  • Generally
    Disputes concerning trees that grow over property lines must be resolved between the property owners.  It is the responsibility of the property owner to remove dead trees and to keep tree limbs trimmed back from streets and sidewalks (See:  Tree - Pruning).  Trees may be removed without a permit by the property owner at a single-family residence, except in designated historic districts.  Before removing or pruning any tree, please call as a permit may be required.  Permits may be obtained at the One-Stop Center on the main floor of City Hall.  Tree removal at duplexes, apartment buildings, condominiums and commercial properties requires a tree-removal permit.
  • Pruning   
    Proper tree pruning is important for the health of the trees and essential to increase the resiliency of trees during the heavy winds of tropical storms or hurricanes.  An instructive leaflet is available in the City Hall lobby or the City Clerk's office.  Large pruning projects should be done by qualified and insured professionals that use the National Arborist Association Standards. 
Tri-Rail                  1-800-TRI-RAIL
Tri-Rail provides transportation for working commuters and commuting college and high school students, and serves as an alternative mode of transportation to various area recreational attractions.  Tri-Rail makes at least one stop in each city on its route between West Palm Beach and Miami.  The Boca Raton stop is currently located just west of I-95 along the CSX tracks, north of Yamato Road.  Palm Tran buses meet the trains to take commuters to regularly scheduled stops in each city.  Tri-Rail operates seven days a week with reduced service on the weekends and holidays.  Tri-Rail does not operate on certain holidays. Tri-Rail and Palm Tran bus schedules can be obtained at the Tri-Rail station, in the City Hall lobby, or can be requested from Tri-Rail by telephone.  See Disabled Transportation for information about Tri-Rail's paratransit service for the disabled.  See Palm Tran for information about bus service.

User Fees
The City charges fees to the users of various services.  The charging of these fees ensures that the user of the service pays for the service and not the general taxpayer.  For example, the user fees collected at the golf courses and tennis courts pay for the operation of those facilities.

Vacant Lots                (561) 393-7934
Vacant lots must be kept mowed and free of trash and debris.  It is the responsibility of the vacant lot owner to maintain the property.  Grass and weeds are not permitted to exceed 12 inches in height.  Complaints should be made to Code Enforcement.

Volunteer Program                 (561) 393-7770
Volunteering is at the heart of citizen action.  Collectively, citizens can serve their communities and achieve goals that alone, cannot be accomplished.  In the City of Boca Raton, populated by approximately 85,000 residents and encompassing a mere 29.63 square miles, over 800 volunteers are found greeting visitors; working the switchboard at City Hall; creating databases; setting up filing systems; tutoring those learning or improving their English skills; scheduling tee times at city golf courses; helping counselors run summer camp; visiting the elderly; assisting the Police keep the community safe, learning emergency response procedures; tutoring youth; and lending their organizational and clerical skills to many city departments.

Learn more about your city, serve your community, learn new skills, and make new friends!  Please call Catherine Vanden Broeck, Volunteer Coordinator at (561) 393-7770.

Voter Registration                 (561) 276-1226
Any United States citizen who is a permanent resident of Palm Beach County, who will be 18 years of age by election day, and who has never been convicted of a felony or never been declared mentally incompetent (unless their civil rights have been restored) may register to vote.  Pre-registration at age 17 is allowed, but eligibility to vote remains at 18 years of age.  The Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections is responsible for registering eligible residents and for maintaining voter registration rolls.  Mail-in forms may be obtained at City Hall or voters may register at the South County Courthouse, 345 S. Congress Avenue in Delray Beach or the Supervisor of Elections Office at 301 N. Olive Avenue in West Palm Beach.  Forms are also available at many other sites - call for locations.  Voters may register with or without party affiliation, but only registered Democrats or Republicans may vote in their respective party primaries.  All registered voters may vote on referendum issues or for non-partisan cadidates.  See:  Absentee Voting, Elected Representatives, Elections



  • Boil Water Advisory           (561) 367-7004
    This hotline provides a recorded message with updated information on any boil water advisories affecting large portions of the water service area.
  • Conservation/Restrictions            (561) 338-7310
    The use of water for sprinkling and irrigation is prohibited on Friday and between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Saturday through Thursday.  Water use between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. Saturday through Thursday is limited to three days a week as follows:  property with odd-numbered addresses are permitted to irrigate on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday and property with even-numbered addresses are  permitted to irrigate on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.  Watering time is not to exceed four continuous hours on parcels under five acres. See:  Project I.R.I.S.
  • Cross Connection/Backflow Prevention Program             (561) 447-7403
    Call for information relating to requirements that potable water services be protected from cross connections with, or backflow from, other sources.
  • Payments                 (561) 393-7750
    Water payments may be mailed, or may be paid on the main floor of City Hall during business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.), weekdays.  A drop box for after hour payments is located at the front entrance of City Hall.  Beginning in December 1996, payments can also be made at the new City Hall Annex at 3001 W. Yamato Road.
  • Reclamation  -  See: Project I.R.I.S.

  • Service           (561) 393-7750
    Call Customer Service at least 24-hours in advance to open up an account for a residence or business.  Customers are billed every other month.
  • Stormwater Management              (561) 338-7365
    Call for information  relating to requirements that stormwater systems be managed to minimize environmental degradation.
  • Wastewater Pretreatment             (561) 338-7333
    Information relating to requirements that certain commercial/industrial activities pretreat their flows prior to entering wastewater treatment facilities can be obtained by calling the above number.
Weather               (561) 393-7989
Call Marine Safety for up-to-date information about  beach conditions.

  • Filing                     (561) 355-2900
  • Probate               (561) 930-9749
The Palm Beach County Clerk of the Circuit Court is responsible for the processing and filing of legal documents as they pertain to wills.


A pamphlet on xeriscaping (water efficient landscaping) can be obtained in the City Clerk's office.
Youth Programs

The City of Boca Raton offers a variety of programs and services for the young people of the community. Safety and other educational programs, sport and recreational programs, as well as intervention programs are among those available. Call the main number to be routed to a program of specific interest. Consult this guide or The Recreator, or call the City Hall operator.

The City's zoning officers review all single-family building permit application for compliance with setback, height, and other regulations.  They provide information on flood zones and flood elevations.  When a new structure is built, the zoning officer reviews the survey to determine that the residence is being built in accordance with approved plans.  All sign permit applications are reviewed for compliance with code. All applications for Business Tax Receipt / Certificate of Use are reviewed for compliance with zoning regulations.