Recycling is collected curbside once a week. The collection days are indicated on the “Weekly Pickup Schedule”. Please note that large corrugated cardboard must be cut down to 2’ X 2’ pieces. If cardboard boxes are larger than 2’ x 2’, place in a separate pile for bulk collection.
HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR RECYCLING BINS:
- Starting October 1st, 2013, the City of Boca Raton's Sanitation Department will be delivering recycling bins directly to your home.
- You must live within the city limits of Boca Raton in order to receive delivery service from the City.
- Please call 416-3367 in order to schedule delivery of your yellow and blue recycling bins.
Rinse all items prior to placing in bins. DO NOT place in plastic bags!
Rinse all items prior to placing in bins. DO NOT place in plastic bags.
- Aluminum cans
- Steel Cans
- Milk and juice cartons
- Small drink boxes
- Glass bottles and jars
- Plastic Containers # 1- 7
Remove caps/lids and dispose of in your regular garbage
- Paper Bags - Place loosely in bin
- Magazines/Catalogs/Telephone Books - Place loosely in bin
- Beverage Cartons, Tissue Boxes, Dry Food Boxes (cereal, cracker boxes)
- Cardboard Boxes - Flatten and place loosely in or next to the bin. Must be broken down and no larger than 2' X 2' maximum
- Unwanted Mail, School/Office Paper
- Shredded paper-secure in paper bag
Because contamination affects the marketability of the materials we collect, please DO NOT place the following in your recycling containers:
- No Plastic Bags! Return to any participating grocery store for recycling!
- No Food Waste!
- No Styrofoam! (example: egg cartons, packing materials, etc.)
- No motor oil, pesticide, or chemical containers!
- No plastic flower pots!
- No Plastic utensils
- No Paper Plates
- No Paper Coffee Cups
- No Tissue, Napkins, or Paper Towels
- No Light Bulbs
- No Hangers (plastic or wire)
RECYCLING DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
The Solid Waste Authority provides recycling drop-off locations that are accessible 24 hours daily. For a complete list of recycling drop-off centers call toll free: 866-792-4636 or visit the SWA’s website at: http://swa.org/site/recycling/Dropoffs/dropoff.htm. Most locations accept only paper products unless otherwise indicated.